This policy applies to Greenspot Developments Pty Ltd ACN 643 777 959 (‘Greenspot’) and the website at https://www.greenspot.com.au/ (“website” or “site”). Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Greenspot. The terms “you” and “your” refers to the end user of the website.
Privacy Act 1988
Collection of Personal Information
Greenspot collects personal information which is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. The type of personal information we collect and hold includes:
- Personal information such as names, contact details, employment history, education qualifications, government related identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers, driver licence and passport information), age, gender and other information users voluntarily provide to Greenspot.
- Sensitive information such as health information, which may be collected for the purpose of prospective employment.
- Personal information disclosed by customers and stakeholders when establishing an account with Borg or invoicing Borg for products and services, and information disclosed when otherwise communicating with our Accounts departments.
- If you are a supplier or a prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices.
- If you are a prospective customer, information about the type of product or service you are interested in acquiring from us.
- Statistical information regarding page views, navigation paths, purchasing behaviour, your location when accessing the website, your access and use of the website.
- Your computer’s internet protocol address and information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Complaint details.
- Other information as may be required in order to use the website in the way in which it is intended or which you choose to provide us.
How Personal Information is Collected and Held
Personal information is usually collected directly from the relevant individual on a voluntary basis. Personal information can be collected when:
- Submitting an application or expression of interest for employment opportunities or work experience.
- Making an enquiry or communicating with Greenspot via our website, email, fax, phone, post, in person, or using other communication channels.
- Completing an account application.
- Subscribing to an alert, newsletter, or other service
- Using Greenspot social media platforms.
- Registering to attend Borg events.
- Completing a form or survey or enter a competition or promotion.
- Personal information may also be obtained from third parties such as recruitment agencies, medical service providers, publicly available resources, or through customers and suppliers where enquiries have been made by individuals about Borg products and/or services. In such circumstances we rely on the third party to obtain consent from the individual.
Purpose of Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information
Personal information is collected in order to conduct business functions and activities, such as:
- Providing products, services and information to users of our website and other stakeholders, including for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Verification of identity for financial transactions.
- Relating to current and future employment opportunities.
- Provide functionality of the website, monitor or improve the use of and satisfaction with the website and services we provide.
- For internal reporting and the management of contracts.
- To learn about your browser and operating system.
- Other reasons as advised to the particular person, or authorised by a particular person when providing the information.
- To communicate with you about Greenspot events and updates.
- When we no longer need your personal information for the above purposes, we will ensure that the information is destroyed or de-identified.
Personal information may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- Within the Borg group (for example, to related companies or entities of Borg)
- To third parties for relevant business functions and activities. For example, medical services providers, outsourcing services, couriers/transport companies, financial institutions for the purpose of processing payments, and business support services.
- As required by law.
We hold your information in paper-based and electronic files.
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect against loss, misuse, inappropriate access, disclosure or alteration of your personal information. We take reasonable precautions in the course of destroying such information. These measures include holding data in databases with password access and virus and firewall protection procedures, staff with access to personal information are bound by duties of confidentiality.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Personal information can be accessed, amended, or a request made to remove the information by contacting The Privacy Officer, Greenspot via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to PO Box 12 Wallerawang NSW 2845. Greenspot will respond to your message within 30 days of receipt. Our response may include a request for proof of identity before we take any action related to providing access to or disposing of your personal information.
Complaints in relation to how personal information has been handled, or potential or alleged breaches of the Principles or Privacy Act can be made by contacting the Privacy Officer Greenspot via email at email@example.com, or by mail to PO Box 12 Wallerawang NSW 2845.
Greenspot will investigate the matter and attempt the resolve the issue, and will inform the complainant in writing about the outcome. If the complaint is not resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant, Greenspot will provide contact details of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner where the complaint may be escalated.
This document was last modified July 2022.